Thursday, August 24, 2006

FotF on Purity and Modesty

I was going to respond to today's Focus on the Family broadcast, but decided to let them finish the series first. Alright, it's partly because the day got away from me and partly because my response was getting kinda long. I'd really encourage you to check it out. At least today's broadcast, if not all 3 in the series. (Aren't podcasting and streaming audio great?)

Thank you to those of you that responded to my last post. I might as well admit, sometimes I still get caught up in wondering what a woman is going to think of me if I point out where I see more beauty than the average guy (including myself) ought to be trusted with. (I hope) I've gotten better, but I don't always remember that the lady in question can easily end up questioning herself. I don't think it was until I started reading Captivating this summer that I really caught on to how important a woman's personal body image is to her. (For Men Only touched on it also.)

In other news, I was given the opportunity to have the Beauty is Power post from a few weeks back published in the school paper. The audience isn't exactly the same, so I had to do some editing. It's not terribly different, but I may post article here once the paper is out.

And as long as there's no real focus to this post anymore, I guess now's as good a time as any to mention that I'm considering yet another name change for this blog. 'God Made Women Beautiful' is sorta descriptive, but really only covers part of the issue. It doesn't exactly roll off the tong either. I've got something in mind, but am a little paranoid about mentioning it before I buy the domain. (though, I'm open to suggestion too.)

1 comment:

Fitz said...

Kev,
After reading the last post you had, I was amazed as to how much mky reply was used as the 'standard' and it all bounced off of that. Weird.

What's the possible names you were thinking of? I'm sure your avid fans would be willing to hear the choices! :)

That's awesome about the Beauty is Power article! Way to go Kev! :) Most men would probably shirk at the idea of talking about such things with an audience who knows him and sees him daily. Internet is so vague and ...big. School newspaper? not so vague. not so big.

keep on keeping on my friend!