Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Beauty

"When God says 'no' to something, it's because He's saying 'yes' to something better."
~Joshua Harris

I only wish I could convey the sheer power of that beauty that you all have. I'm serious, all of you. Because of that power, and the feelings that I allowed that power to awaken, I sincerely believe that it was meant to be preserved for the sole enjoyment of your (future) husband.
When I am blessed with a wife, I certainly don't want her even slightly exposing herself to all the other hungry eyes out there. We'll each have rights to each other's bodies, and I don't foresee any desire to share.

I do not believe that men were meant to be aroused as we are in our culture by the women on display all around us. The male reaction of sexual arousal is a Natural response to the female body (God planed it that way to help man and wife to enjoy each other). The more of it that we can see, or even discern, the more powerful the urges.

Is it any wonder that so many men declare these urges as 'needs'? We are surrounded by constant stimulus. And it adds up. The effects are cumulative. The more cleavage I see, the more difficult it becomes to control my thoughts.

Women, of course function differently. The female sex drive is not activated by mere visual stimuli like us guys. So of course it could be easily overlooked in preparing the day's outfit, it's not something that naturally occurs to you ladies.

However... In a recent survey of 400 men, when asked how they would respond to a beautiful and/or scantly clad woman entering a room, only 2% said they were unaffected. The other 98% had answers that ranged from making a conscious effort not to look, sneaking glances, to staring outright and drooling.

See for yourself:
Create an account here. (I can vouch for their no-spam policy.)
See the survey here.
It's the very first question.

The point is, that it is Impossible for us not to notice how your bodies are presented. We can chose to ignore the signals that our own bodies are giving us, but it takes effort.

Through For Men Only, I've discovered that most women are programed to be more receptive of sexual advances, rather than to actively pursue. It's us guys that are wired for pursuit. And what is it that makes us take pursuit? Beauty.

I used to think the old classic paintings of nude women were done by perverts. (Not that I could really judge, since I could scarcely look at any without earning the same title for myself.) Though, some artists claim that they can admire the female figure without even a hint of lust. I'm still not sure I buy that, but whatever the motivation for putting the figure on canvas, the beauty is undeniable.

No comments: