Monday, April 10, 2006

I Come in Peace

I feel I should appologise. A friend alerted me last night that I've already managed to offend some(one) with my my talk of male-self-control/feminine modesty. That I'd made them feel dirty, less than morally dressed. I don't know who or even how many, but please know that I did not intend to inflict feelings of shame and/or guilt. I'd really hoped that I wouldn't.

That being said, and given that most of this blog is going to come from my own personal experiance in my own continuing battle to keep my eyes on appropriate beauties... In the same conversation last night, the question was raised "which gender is less wrong?" (something to that extent anyway) It seemed an inavoidable question, and yet... it's really not the one I'm trying to answer here. I certianly don't want to be accused of starting a round of finger pointing. That won't help anyone.

So where does that leave us? I'm not entirely sure. I would greatly appreciate more feedback from the female perspective.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Kevin,
I don't know how to really say this, but to some extent if a person is offended they may unconciously recognize that they need to change or something needs to change. Though this isn't always the case.

I don't know the details behind the conversation you had with the person who was offended so I can't really say much.

Neither gender is more wrong in this situation. If the guy knows that if he looks at something it will bother him, that is wrong. If a woman dresses immodestly or provacative and knows what it does to guys, she is wrong.

Al~

[PS. You need to change the settings on your blog so non-blogger's can comment.]