Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What's this all about?

I've been talking to a few friends about the concept of this blog, and was reminded of a few things I should make sure that I don't end up saying.

First of all, I'm not out to place the blame on women for turning men into lusty animals; we've done that all on our own. Controling our thoughts and/or actions is our own job.

Second, I'm not out to condemn anyone because of their clothing. I don't want it to sound like God has a required dress-code that has any bearing on how He feels about us or whether we get to chill with Him after we die. If I ever get to sounding focused only on mindlessly following rules like that, please stop me.

Finally, there are some folks out there who would say that the idea of modesty is based on being ashamed of your body. I'm really promoting just the opposite. It's about having enough respect for your body that you won't let just any male eye in the general public scan you into his fantasy center.

True, not all of us are that bad, but a lot of us aren't even that good. The man I was before I really got serious about listening to the God I'd been saying I believed in... I would easily count him among the worst. And while God's helped me overpower that side of me, I'm still a human male so the animal within is not really gone (and no, I'm not saying that the male sex drive is inherently bad either; only that it's more easily triggered than a lot of women seem to realize).

This blog is not about demanding change. It's about asking for help against a common enemy.

No comments: